Monday, January 23, 2012

2012: Week 3

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Cross-training class at Y
Wednesday: Ran our Wild Wednesday run but made a 'rookie' mistake of eating dinner right before heading out, so we called it quits after 6.7 miles though we'd planned to run a solid ten.
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Long run, 15.5 miles. Was downright dreading this long run in the rain even though we were going running with a group. However, it was a great run. Ended up running a sub-8 pace from miles 11-14 which made it an even more fulfilling run.
Sunday: Planned to preview a new 5k course for which I have a race on this upcoming Saturday. Ended up only getting in 3 miles.

Miles for the week: ~25.2

This was a rough week. I'd planned to bring my mileage back in, but then I got lazy and took several extra, unplanned rest days. Sunday's course (which for those of you familiar with the Terrapin Half, imagine if you may, it being a 5k) was brutal and it left me wondering where I was headed, because I felt ultimately aimless. After some reflection I realize I need to schedule my training better, making it more about areas of improvement than just mileage and work on getting my but out of the door when I am running alone.

Alexis

No comments: