Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 Race Calendar

I just finished compiling my race calendar for the new year. As I am going to take this year and work on speed and building up my endurance I have a pretty full list mostly consisting of 5 and 10k races. As the year progresses I plan on working up to half marathon, then marathon distance. If I'm feeling well after the summer I may do a 40 mile race mid-September. This list also includes all of the Lynchburg Road Runners club series that I may or may not do all of, but I included it in case I decide to do the whole series which I've said I would like to do at least one year.  At the end of last year Todd and I discussed having a fourth child and what that would mean to our training and racing for the upcoming year, with that in mind we decided that I would get the Mountain Junkies RNUTS and he would run the LUS (which I am nowhere near trained for) so that we wouldn't need worry about babysitters or help with the kids. Unfortunately, there were still several of our races that overlapped but hopefully we will still both be able to do our races. If a race is listed it is assumed I will be racing it unless it specifies Todd.

January

1/7/  Frozen Toe 10k
1/28  Arctic 5k

February

2/11  Holiday Lake 50k (Todd)
2/25  Liberty Mountain 5k

March

3/3 Explore Your Limits 5/10k
3/24 Terrapin 50k (Todd)
3/24 Montvale 5/10 Miler
3/31 Monument Ave 10k

April

4/7  Point of Honor 5k
4/14 Mill Mountain Mayhem 10k
4/21 Godparent Home 5k
4/28 Promiseland 50k (Todd)

May

5/5 Trail Nut 10k/Half Marathon
5/26 CVKA 10k

*Wild Wednesdays every Wednesday in May

June

6/3  Carvin's Cove Marathon (Todd and Alexis)
6/16 Presbyterian Home 5k

*LRR Track Series every Tuesday in June

July

7/4 Academy Mile
7/21 Percival's 5 Miler

August

8/11 Lynchburg Half Marathon
8/18 Annual Fab 5k
8/25 Downtown YMCA 5k

September

9/8 Trail Running Rampage (Todd: 40 Miler, Alexis: Marathon)
9/29 Virginia 10 Miler

October

TBD Deep Hollow Half (Todd & Will I finally get to run this race this year?)
10/20 Into the Darkness
10/27 I am Woman 5k


November

11/3 Masochist 50 Miler (Todd)
11/3 Apple Valley 5k
11/10 Valley View 5 Miler (a maybe for Todd)
11/22 Turkey Trot 5k

December

12/1 Peaks of Otter 5k


This is a very optimistic, all encompassing list. I don't necessarily think I will do every race on this list but included all of the races I would like to do if possible.

-Alexis

No comments: