Monday, February 6, 2012

Call me crazy?

I am garnering a little envy over here as so many of my runner friends and family are training for the Holiday Lake 50k. I know I'm not ready right now to go out and do what I want to do out on the Carter Taylor Trail, that it's best to keep on training and wait for the LUS for next year, or maybe even later?  But I am just itching to do an ultra. I had just had my first taste and was contemplating the entire LUS series last year when I got pregnant. I did better than I'd expected last February at my first ultra, Holiday Lake, and felt better than I anticipated. So now there's this part of me that wants to get back out there and see if Holiday Lake was just a fluke last year or if, as I've been wondering ever since, that longer distances are my true strength. Not speed, like I had initially hoped.

These past few weeks I've been mulling it all over and over again. I won't do Terrapin this year, not the 50k or the half marathon as I already have a race scheduled that weekend, but the past few days I have had this new thought gnaw, gnaw, gnawing away at me. It's gotten it's way in there and try as I might I've not been able to dispel it.

Are you ready? It's crazy...maybe... maybe not. I think I want to run Promiseland. This year, 2012.

If I can amass Todd's support, my body's adherence and my mother-in-law's childcare services I think I just might.

Alexis

No comments: