Monday, February 6, 2012

2012: Week 5

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Speedwork!!! Finally! I finally found someone to go do speedwork with. We did a warm-up, four 100 striders to warm up and then 4x 1 mile repeats. The guy I ran with and who planned the workout had chosen a pace I wasn't sure I would hit and I am thrilled to say that all four miles were in that range. And he finished two miles two steps ahead of me and I finished two miles two steps ahead of him so he was a perfect speedwork partner. Cross training class at the Y.
Wednesday: Wild Wednesday Trail run, 10 miles at Candler's Mountain
Thursday: Easy 3 mile run, Zumba with a friend at the Y.
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 12.6 miles on Candler's Mountain
Sunday: 9 miles on Candler's Mountain

Miles: ~40.2 miles

This week was good. Thrilled to have finally added some speedwork to my routine but have struggled to get a  good 'long' run in, would like to maintain a 15+ mile run at least every two weeks and now it's going on three weeks since I've had a run of that distance. Getting in a few classes at the Y but would still like to round out my cross training with more strength and maybe add in a day of biking/cycling. Three good trail days have me even more pumped for several approaching trail races.

No comments: