Monday, February 27, 2012

2012: Week 8

Monday: Due to the LRRC meeting Tuesday night we moved our track workout to Monday. We did a variation of the ladder workout with six intervals between 600 and 1200. These sessions are hard but I feel great afterwards. ~5+ miles.
Tuesday: Ran 3 easy.
Wednesday: Wild Wednesday trail run. Ran the 5k course with a friend and then continued on for our old Wednesday loop. Felt good pushing up the pace for a few miles in the middle with a few guys who are a lot faster than I am, got in a total of 10 miles. Finished on the Power Line hill.
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Went out to try out my new watch and make sure that it was set up properly for the race Saturday morning. Started my run just as a thunderstorm came in. Ran 1.5 miles and was drenched by the time I got back to my car.
Saturday: Ran a 2 mile warm-up, a couple striders and then my 5k. Relatively happy with my 5k experience, race report to follow.
Sunday: Ran the Terrapin half course with a great group of people in the afternoon. The first half was very casual, picture taking, fueling breaks to view the scenery. Second half I pushed myself and felt awesome. Finished the course over 35 minutes faster than I did last March on race day.

Miles ~ 38

Didn't do a lot of cross training this week. Need to get back to the Y this week. Also suffering from some Extensor Tendonitis and Shin Splints in my left leg. Using a routine of ice, ibuprofen and KT tape to help quell the pain. Taking a few rest days possibly this week if need be to help as well.

Alexis

No comments: