Monday, February 13, 2012

2012: Week 6

Monday: Rest Almost a given at this point, it's worse than pulling teeth to get me to run on a Monday...
Tuesday: Track Tuesday, ran 6 miles including some 6 X 800's. Didn't quite pull off the pace I was hoping for but still felt like I did well. Than headed to two classes at the YMCA followed by another 3 miles with a friend. By the time I had gotten home I had been exercising for over four hours and these legs were beat.
Wednesday: Did Pilates in the AM with my sister at the Y, followed by 10 minutes on the stair climber and some all over strength training. Wild Wednesday. The 'boys' were tapering for Holiday Lake so we only ran six. However, we ran single track the whole way which is the first time we've steered clear of at least some fire roads since last Fall. Felt great afterwards.
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Just plain Lazy...Rest...and I did go out to 'watch' the finish at Holiday Lake 50k.
Sunday: After a three day hiatus from any exercise I got in a good long trail run in. I am not proud of my three day rest streak but the legs did feel well going out Sunday and we did a solid 15 trail miles in less than 3 hours, on Candler's Mountain no less. Not sure how much under 3 hours as we kept stopping through the parking lot to pick up or leave other trail runners who ran part of the run with us. I'm beginning to downright love training on that mountain. Quite the opposite of what I was preaching a year ago.

Miles ~ 30

Had planned 35 miles over 5 days of running, ended up with 30 for 3 days of running. I know I'm not getting in enough days of running whatever my mileage. I know that rest days are inherently good but I'm just taking far too many of them. I have a plan to run five days this week...and it's colder this week than last but I am at present committed...of course today is one of the planned rest days after yesterday's tough trail run.  Thinking about running an easy 3 though just to break that No Running Monday streak I seem to have going on.

Alexis

No comments: