Monday, March 12, 2012

2012: Week 10

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Track Tuesday and then the Leesville Loop with Todd and Chelsie. 11.5 miles
Wednesday: Trail run, 10 miles.
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: First tempo run...maybe ever? Ran a mile warm-up and then 5 miles tempo keeping track of quarter splits. Wonderful run, came away feeling great.
Sunday: Long run. Ran 8 miles on the trails at Blackwater Creek which felt fun and easy and continued on to pavement where I realized I was getting a blister. Pushed out the whole 15 miles but my feet were not happy. Good starting point for a long run as now we start building for the marathon...

Miles ~ 42.5

Alexis

Surprised how difficult the long run felt, quite possibly pushed the pace too hard, maybe should have run even slower. The tempo run however had me feeling good about my goals for Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k in a few short weeks.

No comments: