Saturday, January 26, 2013

Old Man Winter!

I have always hated running in the cold.  In fact, there are a couple of races in the winter that I just didn't look forward to, because I hate to train in the cold.  But this winter I am having a change of heart.

What do you do when your breath freezes in your beard making you look like Jack Frost?  Run harder.  Our bodies are great heaters, when pushed hard enough.

I may actually be getting in better shape this winter, as oposed to my usual slacking off from Deep Hollow to Terrapin.  The hardest part is getting started, but everybody knows that already.

I have decided to embrace this frigid weather, and hopefuly use it to make me faster.  I have already run in the snow more this winter than I have in the whole three years that I've been running.

I'm not saying that I'm hoping for a bunch of snow at Holiday Lake, but I am saying that I think I'll be ready for it if it happens.

-Todd

No comments: